Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tinkerer Tinkerer is offline

Default A very senior moment...

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 11:27 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
The HD in my Toppy died, so I decided to replace all the PSU caps at the
same time - they weren't too bad but the 3.3v rail was a bit low. That
went fine.

Bought a new 500GB PATA HD off Ebay, and it didn't like the Toppy. Had
been warned this could happen.

The workshop desktop PC - that doesn't get much use - was assembled by me
and has two IDE HDs of about the same age as the Toppy, and neither of
them even remotely full, so I decided to try one in it. Copied everything
on F onto C, and removed F.

Bet you're ahead of me. I'd actually removed C, plonked it in the Toppy
and formatted it...

--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I made the mistake of replying in a thread containing Steve Firth.

Now you tell me.