Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave dave is offline

Default electronic component to be soldered onto circuit board

On 27/07/2010 18:10, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
John Rumm laid this down on his screen :
On 27/07/2010 17:32, Tom wrote:
Hi All,

I need someone with high level soldering skills to solder a component
onto a small circuit board - I think special temperature controlled
soldering equipment needs to be used to do this (its way beyond my
expertise).

Does anyone know how I can find a local workshop or perhaps individual
that could do this work in the London W4 area? (I'm afraid its only a
small job)

Bit more detail would help... such as what sort of component? Surface
mount or through hole? Multi-layer board?

Even reasonably dense surface mount can be done by hand if you are
careful and use a small iron/tip...

Find a competent and willing radio amateur over on UK.radio.amateur to
help you out perhaps?

Does mean you are neither competent, or willing then?

Dave