Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default I've gone Bosch!

On Jul 27, 11:30*am, "The Ranger" wrote:
Eric in North TX wrote in ...
[snip Bosch is Best text]

I'm still all Dewalt, but ready to jump ship, I agree they do a poor
job of after the sale service. I'll likely just start working another
brand in rather than a revolution, but it is nice to have all the
cordless tools the same brand.

Oh great. Chop saw; Dewalt. Cordless drill; Dewalt. Circular saw; Dewalt. I
was slowly switching over all my Craftsman power tools and here you're
providing a warning after that horse has left the barn.

What's lacking in their after-sales support, if I might ask?

The Ranger

More incompetence than anything else; I bought a stand for my miter
saw, I immediately needed a small part to fix it, they never could
seem to grasp thatand sent several wrong parts, after they sent me the
backbone for the stand, I gave up & put a couple of pop rivets into
the little broken part and went on.
I bought a second 18v 1/2" hammer drill with 2 batteries to start a
new project so I'd have 2 1/2" drills, one of the batteries lasted
only about 15 min, so I called them, & was referred to a service
center 45 miles away, I'll get it there before the warranty runs out,
but a decent thing would have been to send a return box, test it and
send out a replacement. They don't have to do better, but the amount
I've spent could and will go elsewhere.