Posted to alt.home.repair
keith keith is offline

Default I've gone Bosch!

On Jul 27, 8:37*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 27, 9:13*am, "The Post Quartermaster"

wrote:

After suffering through countless episodes with the fine Dewalt/Porter
Cable support system, I've started replacing my power tools with
Bosch. About a year ago I had a jig saw go haywire and I jumped
through all the hoops on the Dewalt/Delta/Porter Cable website and
accomplished nothing. So, I threw the saw in the trash and bought,
what I thought was a highly overpriced, Bosch jigsaw. I was simply
amazed. The quality is unsurpassed.

Unsurpassed in the major tool manufacturer's lineup, perhaps, but I've
owned DW, Bosch and Festool jigsaws - it's not even close in my
opinion. *Bosch does make fine tools, though.

Festool is another doubling in price, though. I recently bought a
TS-55 and a OF1400, but my Bosch jigsaw is just fine, thank you. I
also have a Dewalt rear swivel circular saw that I like a lot and will
still use it for construction projects. The TS-55 is intended for
breaking down sheet goods.

The same way you feel about moving up to Bosch is the way I feel about
moving up to Festool - why did it take me so long?!

Unlike most Festool snobs, I don't think Festool is the end-all. ;-)
Their SCMS is completely absurd.