Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default I've gone Bosch!

On Jul 27, 9:13*am, "The Post Quartermaster"
wrote:
After suffering through countless episodes with the fine Dewalt/Porter
Cable support system, I've started replacing my power tools with
Bosch. About a year ago I had a jig saw go haywire and I jumped
through all the hoops on the Dewalt/Delta/Porter Cable website and
accomplished nothing. So, I threw the saw in the trash and bought,
what I thought was a highly overpriced, Bosch jigsaw. I was simply
amazed. The quality is unsurpassed. Well, my Porter Cable
drill/driver's 19.2 battery driver went kaput and I went through the
hassle with their website again. Before they even responded, which
they still haven't, I had purchased, what I thought was a highly
overpriced, Bosch 18 volt drill/driver. Once again, the quality is
unsurpassed. Next came the Dewalt saw (I have two and one hasn't gone
kaput yet). Ever since I had it I was unhappy with the weight and I've
always been unhappy with the motor on the left blocking your line of
sight. Well, when it went out, I decided I wasn't even going to try
their website and I went to Bosch and lo and behold their saw has the
motor on the right and the line of sight and the weight makes it an
absolute pleasure.

I'm now a 100% Bosch fan and even bought the two Dremel tools, the
original and the new multi-task saw which is simply amazing. The only
thing that irks me is that it took me 40 years to wise up.

I'm not a paid shill for Bosch but I would be if they asked. G

--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC

"...I've always been unhappy with the motor on the left blocking
your line of sight."

While that point is not really relevant to the discussion since just
about every major brand offers a left-blade circular saw, I'll agree
that left-blade circular saws are the better choice for right-handed
people.

I switched to a PC "left-blade" circular saw many years ago. It
amazing how many people - DIY-ers *and* professionals - don't realize
the advantage of using a left-blade circular saw. I was helping a
friend build a house and a professional framer buddy of his let me use
his left-blade saw saying "Once you go left, you'll never go back."

He was so right!