Posted to alt.home.repair
Worn out Retread Worn out Retread is offline

Default Why does anyone still use gas mowers/trimmers?

"Mat" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:19:53 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

Mat wrote:
I hate gas mowers/trimmers:

That's your privilege. I hate electric mowers and trimmers.

1. They are noisy, the trimmers can drive one crazy trying to sleep in
on a saturday morning

Electrics have the most annoying sound on earth. I would take the cord and
strangle the person using it.

2. They pollute

Depending upon the producer of the electricity, electrics pollute also.

3. They are +20x more expensive to operate than electric

Maybe where you live but not here.

4. They never start reliably

You haven't a clue as to how you are supposed to handle machinery.

5. Always out of gas

Then you are just plainly incompetent.

The extra few minutes dealing with an ext cord are no big deal

While you are fiddling with the extension cord, I'm in my lazy chair having
a cool drink.