Posted to alt.home.repair
The Post Quartermaster The Post Quartermaster is offline

Default I've gone Bosch!

After suffering through countless episodes with the fine Dewalt/Porter
Cable support system, I've started replacing my power tools with
Bosch. About a year ago I had a jig saw go haywire and I jumped
through all the hoops on the Dewalt/Delta/Porter Cable website and
accomplished nothing. So, I threw the saw in the trash and bought,
what I thought was a highly overpriced, Bosch jigsaw. I was simply
amazed. The quality is unsurpassed. Well, my Porter Cable
drill/driver's 19.2 battery driver went kaput and I went through the
hassle with their website again. Before they even responded, which
they still haven't, I had purchased, what I thought was a highly
overpriced, Bosch 18 volt drill/driver. Once again, the quality is
unsurpassed. Next came the Dewalt saw (I have two and one hasn't gone
kaput yet). Ever since I had it I was unhappy with the weight and I've
always been unhappy with the motor on the left blocking your line of
sight. Well, when it went out, I decided I wasn't even going to try
their website and I went to Bosch and lo and behold their saw has the
motor on the right and the line of sight and the weight makes it an
absolute pleasure.

I'm now a 100% Bosch fan and even bought the two Dremel tools, the
original and the new multi-task saw which is simply amazing. The only
thing that irks me is that it took me 40 years to wise up.

I'm not a paid shill for Bosch but I would be if they asked. G

--
Careful how you respond. I have people!

JC