Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Isopropyl Alcohol for Cleaning Flux

In article , " wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:04:22 GMT, (GregS) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
GregS wrote:

95% is a very good figure. I actually use the NON-denatured stuff.

How about the drinking stuff? (95% "grain" alcohol).

Here I can by a "fifth" (750ml) for less than 250ml of 70% Isopropyl.

Yes I was reffering to the ethanol drinkable stuff that is not taxed.
Been used for years in medical parties.

Not a wise move. The un-taxed stuff (not for human consumption) often
contains benzene.

Thats the 99% stuff that contains benzene.

greg