Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Dry rot people in London?

On Jul 27, 2:40*pm, Martin Pentreath
wrote:
Hi, after finally deciding that the small black stain slowly growing
in the wooden floor near our shower tray needed further investigation,
I've discovered what I think is dry rot. Of course it may be wet rot!
Anyway, it's rotten. Treatment looks likely to be a major pain in the
arse, entailing presumably ripping out the whole shower tray and
surrounding studwork, before we even get to pulling up of floorboards
and joists. Anyway, it's beyond my expertise, ability or patience, so
I need to get someone in. The problem, of course, is that I've
developed a healthy mistrust of people trying to flog treatment for
damp/rot. Can anyone recommend (or just suggest) someone in London who
could do this sort of work reliably? I'm happy to go down the route of
getting a surveyor in to start with, but I don't know any of them
either.

Rot just needs rotten material removing, and prevention of further
wetting. A builder or handyman can do that.

NT