Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews Peter Andrews is offline

Default clean with magazine sheets but not newspaper?

"john hamilton" wrote in message
After reading our newspapers we end up with an oily dirt on our hands, but
not after reading the magazine supplements that come inside the newspapers
or the television guide magazines.

I wondering what the significance is with regard to using sheets from the
magazines with regard to wrapping food. I know you are not suppose to use
newspaper. But is it alright to use the magazine sheets for wrapping food?
Also are they both alright to use in garden composting? This question is
also relevant when using dampened magazine sheets to clean down food
surfaces and clean windows etc.

Would anyone know how to explain simply how the method of printing is done
differently between the magazines and the newspapers? Thanks for any
advice.

Re compost: The worms in our compost thrive on a vast assortment of shredded
paper - from Makro catalogues to A4 letter grade. In addition to kitchen
waste and grass cuttings of course.

Clean windows if you like but I wouldn't use them for wrapping food or
cleaning food surfaces though.

Peter