Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Meter installation ?

On Jul 26, 10:51*pm, Evan wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:09*am, jamesgangnc wrote:

I need to add a water meter. From what I've read most of should be
installed horizontally. *Is it ok fo rthe face to be sideways instead
of on the top. *I want to put the meter on a line that is under some
joists and to read it I will need to put it sideways.

If you have to install it so that the head of the meter faces up,
which is the way most every water meter I have ever seen has
been installed, and you are not able to do that in the space
you want to install the meter in, then the solution is simple...

Install the meter the proper way where you have space that
permits this and run pipes to and from that location to the
feeder and the metered side of the water line you want to
measure with the meter...

~~ Evan

I just wanted to avoid complicating the plumbing more that needed.
All the installation instructions I have found say face up so I guess
I'll add some elbows and pipe to the plan.