Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT] changing registration number on car

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Mike Harrison" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:08:54 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

"Donwill" wrote in message
I'm contemplating buying a15yr old car (private sale) but the seller
wants
to retain his personalised number plate,not unreasonably I think.
Does anyone know how difficult it is to register for a new plate on
the
car and how long it would take and any pitfalls?

Yes, if he sells it to you and you do it its too late and he loses the
plate.
He needs to transfer it before the sale.

Not necessarily - you could transfer the number to a retention cert -
this may be more expensive
though.

I forgot about those things.
There is a limit to how long they last though.

I wouldn't bother with a vanity plate myself.

TW 4 T would be a perfect number plate for you.

Adam

While any old forgery would be fine for you.