Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why does anyone still use gas mowers/trimmers?

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:52:15 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Jul 26, 9:22Â*am, Steve Barker wrote:
On 7/26/2010 9:01 AM, ransley wrote:

On Jul 25, 8:10 pm, Â*wrote:
I hate gas mowers/trimmers:

1. They are noisy, the trimmers can drive one crazy trying to sleep in
on a saturday morning
2. They pollute
3. They are +20x more expensive to operate than electric
4. They never start reliably
5. Always out of gas

The extra few minutes dealing with an ext cord are no big deal

What I want is a V8 mower.

here ya go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LXFSLK3otM

--
Steve Barker

Ive been viewing that clip, just the sound is enough to make me want
one, it sure would make grass cutting fun, then I would need a V8
snowblower,

Guy here in Kitchener/Waterloo a few years back had a Jimmy 6-71 in
the bed of his Chevy 4X4, hydraulically driving a twin-beater McKee
blower mounted on the front. Now THAT sucker would blow snow!!! (and
wake up the neighbours for a few blocks). Ever hear a blown 6-71 whine
through a short (muffled) stack???