Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wouldn't it be swell...

On 7/26/2010 7:58 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Bet you used a couple galons of alki foam.

Restaurants are tough working environment, if they use a lot of
grease and oil.

I used a quart of concentrate in my foam gun on the end of a
hundred feet of hose. For the evaporators, a two gallon pump
up sprayer mixture of 4-X BASE COIL CLEANER. I went back
today and talked to the owner who had been running the 5 ton
unit without a filter. I considered pumping it down, pulling
the evaporator and taking it out to the parking lot to clean
it like I have before but I was able to take a hose hooked to
the mop sink and blast most of the dirt off of it. A little
messy but it was another 100°F day and it was warm in there
even with 6-7 extra tons of cooling. We cleaned 4 inside
condensers, 3 outside condensers, 2 evaporators inside the
walk-in coolers and of course the crud encrusted 5 ton AC
evaporator. It's a pain but at least nothing is on the roof.

TDD