Mark

Default OT - Take it out in trade

Bridger wrote:

On 6 Jan 2004 19:02:05 -0800, (Phil Crow)
wrote:

Do people still trade labor any more?

-Phil Crow

I do, but I'm finding it harder to do. for some reason people seem to
think I should give them a huge discount on my time if it's in trade.
not all people, but enough that I rarely suggest it anymore.

People want a huge discount period.

Most recently:

Neighbor asks me to give a price on replacing the trusses and roof on
his ~ 16x20 block walled garage. I would have removed the rotted roofing
and rafters, trimmed the trees that caused the rot, and replace it for
$400 labor, he buys the parts. I like the guy, a pipe fitter and he
would have labored. He asked if I could cut him a deal.

I told him to get someone else.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)