Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Solar Power

On 7/26/2010 7:10 PM, Don Foreman wrote:

Don, I am curious--do you win many converts with the line of argument
you are using?

Converts?

It is my assumption that you have a viewpoint that you wish others to
accept rather than that you are arguing just for the sake of argument.
Correct me if I am in error on this point.

I'd like for others to understand that the rate of increase in
atmospheric CO2 is proportional to the rate of release by all
processes minus the rate of removal by all processes. I don't see why
that's so hard for some to understand.

So why are you arguing at length with people who essentially hold that
viewpoint but express it in different terms?

It's not a religious issue with me, I just think we have a better
chance of solving problems if we understand the underlying processes.

The important thing is that we agree that release of CO2 by combustion
of fossil fuels is bound to increase atmospheric CO2 unless somehow
mitigated.

So why are you arguing with people who hold that viewpoint?