Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Sources for "real" music wire

On 07/26/2010 05:55 PM, wrote:
On Jul 26, 4:06 pm, Tim wrote:

The new piece is _soft_ -- more welding rod that nice hard music wire.
I had noticed this before with some 1/16" stock, but it didn't penetrate
my poor thick skull. K&S is obviously going down the "consumers are
stupid" route.

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Serviceshttp://www.wescottdesign.com

I would give K& S a chance to send you another piece. They may have
gotten a bad lot from their vendor. So an email or phone call might
solve your problem.

As someone said you can buy drill rod in 3 ft lengths. But you would
have to heat treat it.

K&S is a brand; they sell to hobby shops and Michael's crafts, etc. I'd
have to take it back to the local hobby shop where I got it, and make
Russ's life even more miserable over keeping $2.00 parts in stock when
what he really makes money on is $500 almost ready to fly airplanes.

Since I'm thrilled to pieces to have a _real_ hobby shop in town, I
don't want to encourage him to turn into just another toy store.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services