Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for fixing leaky outdoor t-handled faucets (some of which are embedded in the foundation)?

Needs new packing materials for under the nut, also.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 07:28:23 -0700, "James H."
wrote:

For those faucets which come right out of the house foundation (no
screw-off fitting is visible), how are we supposed to replace them?

Turn the water supply off first. Remove the bonnet nut and take the
stem to a hardware store. Match the stem up with the correct size.
Then install the new stem.

I have one hose bib in the garage that is soldered on. Replacing the
stem/valve was fast and easy.