Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Azotic Azotic is offline

Default OT-Copyright Lawsuits

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On 07/26/2010 12:50 PM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
New revenue stream for newspapers puts the squeez on bloggers.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...g-for-dollars/

Best Regards
Tom.

If a writer cannot read an article, or follow a publication, or research
an
event or subject, then rewrite it and not change enough at least to
comply
with, or have a plausible argument against alleged copyright
infringement,
they need to put down their pen because they are not a writer, but a cut
and
paster, and need to go down in a flaming trail of twenty dollar bills.
Maybe it will thin out the herd of cut and paste bloggers who couldn't
pass
a first year creative writing class.

The idealistic part of me wants to believe that.

The cynical part of me believes that the brick & mortar houses are
finding a way to cut down the competition.

When they steal your product and then sell it to compete with you, it's a
seriously grating experience.

We have fair-use provisions in the Copyright Act. The bloggers, and many
others online, have just abused it to steal.

None of this applies to links, by the way. It's about wholesale lifting of
copy.

--
Ed Huntress

The problem is the cost of defending ones self, its often cheaper
to pay off the the lawyers than fight to win a case. Looks like they
plan to file thousands of lawsuits in the hopes most will settle
before trial. Wanna bet the lawyers check on the offenders
abillity to pay before they sue. A homeless person posting to
thier blog from a public library wont get sued.

Best Regards
Tom.