Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default fixing curtain rail in bay window

In message , andrew
writes
My daughter wishes to fix a track around the bay window. The pvc double
glazing is full height of the bay and the bay ceiling feels like
plasterboard and unlikely to stand the weight.

What is the recommended way to attach a curtain rail?

Best way is probably to fix battens to the ceiling screwing it to the
joists. however in my old house I fixed two or three curtain tracks
using the RediDriva type screw in fixings e.g.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11923/.../Metal-RediDri
vas-35mm-Pack-of-100

with maybe the odd screw into a joist if it was in the right place.

These were used with pretty lightweight curtains and stayed up for 2-3
years until we moved

--
Chris French