Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default cabling for ceiling downlighters

On 26 July, 21:17, NT wrote:
On Jul 26, 10:57*am, jim wrote:

Still struggling with deciding how to update the ceiling lighting.

If I go for low volt downlighters, is it normal for each downlight
unit to have its own separate transformer?

If so I presume normal 1.0 or 1.5 mm2 cable can be daisy chained to
each outlet? *& that then gives the flexibility to allow switching
between LV & HV units later?

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Any experiences of fitting & cabling downlighters would be much
appreciated.

TIA

4x the number of transformers means 4x the failure rate

NT

Not a satistician , but sure there someat wrong with that.

Besides good trafos, Mode and IBL are good, will last many years.

Cheap trafos are 1.99 so odsd failure few years perfectly acceptable.

Cheers
Adam