Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why does anyone still use gas mowers/trimmers?

On Jul 26, 12:58*pm, Peter wrote:
On 7/25/2010 11:51 PM, Mike Paulsen wrote: Pete C. wrote:
Mat wrote:
I hate gas mowers/trimmers:

(snip)
The extra few minutes dealing with an ext cord are no big deal

I don't care to mess with 400' of extension cord maintaining my yard.

I really like my electric mower, but dragging the cord around got old fast. I
solved that little problem by mounting my generator on the mower. It's a Honda
generator, so it's fairly quiet. I don't have a photo handy, but I'm pretty sure
there are some on the web. (Folks keep stopping to take pictures like they've
never seen a electric mower before. Weird.)

Mike - That a real gas (pun intended). *Seriously, you should consider writing
comedy professionally. *That one of the most wry comments I've heard in weeks.
Good one!

Gotta admit. I use gas everything. It's simply far more convenient
than electric. If I need to run a trimmer or blower for just a minute
or two I just start it up. With proper care the maintenance is not a
big deal but I'll admit if you are not handy with small engines you
have to treat them as disposable. I have a chain saw that is 30 years
old. A string trimmer that is 15 years old.