Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default Why does anyone still use gas mowers/trimmers?

On 7/25/2010 11:51 PM, Mike Paulsen wrote:
Pete C. wrote:
Mat wrote:
I hate gas mowers/trimmers:

(snip)
The extra few minutes dealing with an ext cord are no big deal

I don't care to mess with 400' of extension cord maintaining my yard.

I really like my electric mower, but dragging the cord around got old fast. I
solved that little problem by mounting my generator on the mower. It's a Honda
generator, so it's fairly quiet. I don't have a photo handy, but I'm pretty sure
there are some on the web. (Folks keep stopping to take pictures like they've
never seen a electric mower before. Weird.)

Mike - That a real gas (pun intended). Seriously, you should consider writing
comedy professionally. That one of the most wry comments I've heard in weeks.
Good one!