Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wouldn't it be swell...

On Jul 26, 8:45*am, Tony wrote:
Jeff The Drunk wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:22:53 -0400, Tony wrote:

Tony wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
If A/C manufacturers arranged the fan on the condensing unit to run
BACKWARDS for the first few seconds of condenser activity?

It would blow SOME of the mung out of the coils thereby retaining a
bit of the otherwise lost efficiency.

Just sayin'...
One of these days I'll add a 1 or 2 second delay to the blower fan so
when it blows, it's cold. *And it won't give that blast of super humid
air either.
Uh, that was supposed to be a 1 or 2 MINUTE delay, not seconds.

The switch in my SUV is bad for air on low. It has 5 positions. When it's
hot out I turn it on low, the compressor starts but the fan doesn't blow.
Once I back out of the garage and let the motor warm up for a minute or
so I turn it to 5 and have instant cold air.

I'd hope that my low speed goes out but it only has 3 speeds and I use
low often. *Guess if I really wanted to I could splice a switch in the
circuit.

Anyway I just realized this was about the condenser and I'm talking
about the evaporator. *My condenser coil seems to stay clean, but I am
cutting the grass.- Hide quoted text -

I have some shrubs in the area around the condensor, they filter out
most of the grass clippings. I also turn the AC off when cutting
around the condensor. Butt you need a way to reverse the air flow
thru the condensor, and just a leaf blower, etc, is still blowing from
the outside into the condensor radiator, and that doesn't really clear
things out like a reversal of air flow would do.