Mark

Default Butcher Block Top

Dave Mundt wrote:

And, even more interestingly, it appears that the original
study link NOW claims that plastic is safer. I wish I could feel
that this was academic research and not the results of political
pressures.

Each test probably used a different method.

In any case, they make the very good point that all cutting
boards are "safe enough" if washed well with very hot water.

You know theres such a thing as being too clean? I have a 2'x3'x1.5"
board and I'll be damned if I'm going to hoist that sucker into the sink.

It's been sealed with a bees wax and mineral oil concoction, gets wiped
down with a dish rag with dish soap then a rinse wipe. When it starts
looking dry it gets another sealer treatment. It's called maintenance.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)