Posted to rec.woodworking
GROVER GROVER is offline

Default Sawmill in Houston for large unusual trees

On Jul 26, 11:28*am, Bob wrote:
I read a while back about a company in Houston that specializes in
harvesting large unusual local trees for furnitures (tabletops, etc).
We have a Black Jack Oak that is over 100 years old that has died.
The trunk is about 13 feet in circumference.

Are any of the Houston residents on this conference familiar with the
company I am talking about? *I cannot find them with Google search.

Thanks,
Bob

I remember the service you are talking about but I also cannot recall
the name of the company. I do however have an idea for you. You can
google "portable saw mills". You will come up with entries like Hud-
son Forest Equipment and Wood Mizer Sawmills. You can call these
manufacturers and find out who they have sold units to in Houston.
These local owners will probably offer the service you need.

Joe G