Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Fixed a rust hole in truck today.

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Got my welder out and practiced running some beads on 22Ga sheet then
proceeded to weld the patch panel in place where I cut out the rusted
metal. I had to do a bunch of tack welds until I got it solid, boy that
auto darkening helment is great, first time I ever used one. All these
little tacks and filling in holes with short bursts left me a good bit of
weld to grind.

If you're not already using a flap disc on your grinder then try one. Faster
metal removal, more controllable and the finish is better.