Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus2966 Ignoramus2966 is offline

Default Made some chips today.

On 2010-07-26, Mike Henry wrote:

"Ignoramus1880" wrote in message
On 2010-07-26, RogerN wrote:

"Ignoramus1880" wrote in message
On 2010-07-25, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus8473 wrote:

Abused some machinable wax, drilled bolt holes, milled rectangular
pockets, faced stuff, etc. Had a friend over and he liked it. I may
make a sprocket for him.

Be sure to measure the results of your cuts and compare to the expected
values, to ensure you did cutter comp. properly and that the machine
calibrations are correct, before you try to actually make something.

Yes Pete. I wanted to wire the buttons that increase and decrease
spindle speed. After that I will try. I am not sure how well I can
measure dimensions of something made of machinable wax.

I will take some pictures of my old BP to send to you.

Now you can get one of those probes to put in your spindle and digitize
with
it! That always sounded interesting to me, my mill still has the Anilam
control, if I start using it again I plan to upgrade to EMC2, I already
changed the amps out from Glentek to AMC, the old Glenteks squealed,
their
PWM frequency was in audible range.

Roger, do you have any examples of those probes, what do they do
exactly?

Sounds interesting.

Here's an example of an inexpensive one:

http://www.wildhorse-innovations.com...d&productId=80

The really good ones by Renishaw run around $2k or more - keep your eyes
open for one while browsing auctions.

Mike, this is very exciting. Why is not not quite as good as those
Renishaw probes? Can I use that one for light home hobby purposes?