Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default A very senior moment...

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:34:38 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I had the impression that the hard disks are less-than-trivial to
remove/ swap, and (obviously) they only have a limited amount of
storage space - in other words, good for temporary "watch it a little
bit later" storage, but not really analogous to what people used VCRs
for.

Would depend on how many VCR tapes you had. The basic 250GB HD holds
IIRC something like 200 hours worth of programmes.

That's not too bad ... certainly more than I'd expected!

However, you can link it to your PC and transfer stuff there for storage
if you prefer.

Aha, now that is useful! I'd figured that the manufacturers were probably
leaned on by movie and TV companies and didn't allow people to do stuff
like that, so you got stuck with a self-contained box and had to start
binning stuff when space ran out.

ta

J.