Posted to alt.home.repair
FatterDumber& Happier Moe FatterDumber& Happier Moe is offline

Default Why does anyone still use gas mowers/trimmers?

Mat wrote:
I hate gas mowers/trimmers:

1. They are noisy, the trimmers can drive one crazy trying to sleep in
on a saturday morning
2. They pollute
3. They are +20x more expensive to operate than electric
4. They never start reliably
5. Always out of gas

The extra few minutes dealing with an ext cord are no big deal

Mowing should be a fun experience.
Someday I'm putting a custom header and hand throttle on my walk
behind lawnmower and duel exhaust on the riding mower. There is a
market for high perforce lawnmowers. I'd buy a Harley Davidson
lawnmower if they were two cylinder, kick start and sound like the
cycle, I'd chrome the hell out of it.
Weed trimmers? I had to drill some holes in the backside of the
muffler on my weed eater so it would run and sound right. A little extra
oil in the gas also helps keep the mosquitoes at bay.
I'm not religious but I have neighbors that are and I figure it's my
duty to wake them up in time make it to church so I usually mow early on
Sunday mornings. About the time the sun comes up is a good time to start.
Actually there isn't an electric mower made that would have cut the
yard I did yesterday and if there were the juice would have had to come
through a 50 Amp breaker.