Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tinkerer Tinkerer is offline

Default A very senior moment...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
The HD in my Toppy died, so I decided to replace all the PSU caps at the
same time - they weren't too bad but the 3.3v rail was a bit low. That
went fine.

Bought a new 500GB PATA HD off Ebay, and it didn't like the Toppy. Had
been warned this could happen.

The workshop desktop PC - that doesn't get much use - was assembled by me
and has two IDE HDs of about the same age as the Toppy, and neither of
them even remotely full, so I decided to try one in it. Copied everything
on F onto C, and removed F.

Bet you're ahead of me. I'd actually removed C, plonked it in the Toppy
and formatted it...

At work in the 80's we first had Sirius computers on which the Hard drive
was Drive A: and the floppy was drive B:. Then we got Compaqs which had
the hard dive as C: and the floppy as A:.

So yours truly has to delete a floppy on the Sirius. Put it in , typed
(Dos of course) "DEL A:*.*" and pressed Enter. Took a long time to live
that one down.

Incidentally, I know Senior Moments as CRAFT moments - Can't Remember A
F###ing Thing.
--
Tinkerer