Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Wal-Mart fights back

George wrote:

And just so you understand my position. I am a pro business pro
capitalism person. One of the biggest influences on me was a guy I
worked for in my first really responsible job. He was smart, had a
keen sense of business and did well financially. I always remember
his words "the other guy has to eat". Simply put you don't give money
away but you don't duel to the death of the other party when in a
position to do so. Walmart doesn't represent any of that in any way
shape or form.

If you're talking about Walmart going to the mattresses over a piddly fine,
they've evidently made a calculation that so doing will inoculate them
against future outrages by the government. Same as them never settling
unmerited nuisance suits just because the claim is minor. If they did
settle, they figure, they only incentivize other predators.