Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Isopropyl Alcohol for Cleaning Flux

I just called a CVS, it's $2.79 for 16 ounces and $2.99
for 32 ounces. That's 20 cents more for double the
16 ounce size. (This is in southern California).

Even the quart size is overpriced. If you're willing to wait for a sale, you
should pay no more than about $1 per pint.

A mildly related question: In thinking about other uses
for rosin, it occurred to me that I haven't seen any pitchers
using a rosin bag for years.

I can just see a pitcher tossing a roll of solder at the batter. grin