Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus1880 Ignoramus1880 is offline

Default Swivel milling vise and CNC

On 2010-07-25, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus8473 wrote:
Bob, I have a Troyke CNC rotary table (no control, just a servo driven
table). It does not seem to work. I have not even started looking it
it, as I want to work on one project at a time. But I want to fix it
soon, if it is really broken, and use as a 4th axis.

I presume you'll use the RT in a vertical orientation? A horizontal RT
is real handy on a manual mill, but not particularly useful on a CNC
where circular interpolation will do the job.

Right, the axis of rotation would be parallel to the X axis.

As for a swivel base on the vise, take it off, it is of no benefit on a
CNC mill and only serves to waste an inch of Z height.

Agree 100%.