Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wouldn't it be swell...

On 7/25/2010 1:32 PM, HeyBub wrote:
If A/C manufacturers arranged the fan on the condensing unit to run
BACKWARDS for the first few seconds of condenser activity?

It would blow SOME of the mung out of the coils thereby retaining a bit of
the otherwise lost efficiency.

Just sayin'...

Sounds like a good idea, I can implement it now on a number of
AC units that I've serviced. The universal replacement condenser
fan motors have a pair of leads with insulated 1/4" fast on
connectors that determine rotation for the motor, it would be
quite easy to reverse the condenser fan motor during the anti
short cycle time delay for the compressor which I usually set
for 3-5 minutes. When the thermostat calls for cool, run the
fan backwards for 60 seconds then let it spin down during the
remainder of the anti short cycle delay so there would be no
stress on the components because of reversing a fan running at
full speed. Me and my helper cleaned 6 condensers and 3 evaporators
this morning at one restaurant, my hair hurts and I'm a bit
dehydrated. Darn this Global Cooling!

TDD