Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default Solar Power

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:13:18 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

:

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:49:10 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
m...

The carbon emitted from burning fossil fuels is a release to the
atmosphere
of long-term sequestration of carbon in petroleum, gas, or coal.

I wonder if Algore told him to say that.

Larry, if you had half enough knowledge to make the claims you frequently
make here about climate science, you'd recognize that this is THE
fundamental issue concerning the burning of fossil fuels. But you don't,
really, and it's clear you don't even recognize the basic issues.

I also doubt that he has
read about so many old wells coming back to life, producing again.

It has nothing to do with the question. Of course I've read about it.
Although I realize that the complexities of climate science are 'way over my
head, I'm interested in learning anything I can about energy issues. I just
don't make proclamations about things I don't know enough about to have an
opinion worth the powder it would take to blow it to hell. I find it amusing
that so many people do.

I recently talked to a larry in person. He has clownish opinions on
*everything*, and I always enjoy hearing his latest rants. One of my
favorites was when he said he was going to move to Alaska to decrease
his cost of living. His own life is falling apart, so my latest
question was, given that he'd admittedly bungled that, then what
qualified him to disregard the opinion of experts etc. on so many
subjects. He said that the experts are all overeducated liberal
know-nothings, and that what we really need are more "down to earth"
people like him to run things, beginning with Palin. Then he declared
that if we'd had that for the last 20 years, then his life would have
turned out better. I could almost visualize the shrug :-) Of course
he thinks that the tea party is great blah blah blah. So next time I
see him I'm going to ask what he thinks about Angle cutting off his
SS, and try to keep from laughing too hard at whatever he comes up
with.

Wayne