Posted to uk.d-i-y
dave dave is offline

Default walking sticks

On 25/07/2010 20:16, wrote:
On 25 July, 16:03, wrote:
How do you cut one to length for a person?

Dave

Google has lots of hits for "walking stick length" (without the
quotes) e.g.
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Siz...tick&id=665253 and
http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Correct-le...:-1:LISTINGS:1

That's what I was looking for. So the arm has to have a slight bend in it.

I'm now 64 and in my teens I gave my right ankle a very sever twisting a
couple of times and in the last 2 years it has given way on me 4 times
and I have fallen to the floor, fortunately without any physical damage.

Knowing that I would need a stick, I started looking out for one about 4
years ago, but it is too long to put any weight on it and I didn't know
how much to shorten it by.

Many thanks

Dave