Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wal-Mart fights back

"George" wrote in message
On 7/25/2010 10:03 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"George" wrote

Maybe your are correct. I'm sure you have statistics to bear this out.
How many store clerks have been trampled to death in the past five or
ten years?

I see your point. Walmart was just fine tuning their process to
minimize employee cost and things happen. So an occasional death is
really OK because it is a good trade off vs having sufficient properly
trained employees.

So, you don't have numbers either. Making up "an occasional death" is
conjecture on your part, not fact. Let's deal with facts here.

I guess I didn't realize that you have decided this is a deposition or
some other legal proceeding and sworn testimony is required.

I just thought it was a discussion group where folks could make reasonable
observations and comments such as I did.

Opinions are welcome, but others have made statements as if they were fact
but had nothing to back it up. "Reckless disregard" was what I took issue
with. As a mature adult, do you think your comment about "an occasional
death is really OK" is true? Was it said in humor?

My point is, Wal Mart certainly did not anticipate the death of a store
employee and did not intentionally disregard it or lump it in with the cost
of doing business.