Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Solar Power

wrote in message
On Jul 25, 11:45 am, "ATP" wrote:

Who has claimed that the CO2 from the coal fires in China don't count? It
has been reported on "liberal" NPR. Do we have a politically feasible
means
of putting them out? Obviously CO2 from humans is not controllable except
by
population control, probably a less popular subject than global warming
reduction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_seam_fire

Well I think CO2 from coal mine fires counts. But I have not seen
anyone saying that we should do the sensible things to reduce the
amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. It seems to be all about how can we
spend a bunch of money for not too much effect.

Coal mine fires can be extinguished. You have to cut off the oxygen
and cool the site so it does not reignite in the future. It isn't
easy, but a lot easier than getting 100% reduction in the amount of
CO2 going into the atmosphere from autos and light trucks.

Dan

We should do what we can to help/pressure the Chinese to put out the fires.
Cheapest reduction first makes sense. Most efforts to reduce CO2 from cars
and trucks also reduce reliance on fossil fuels, which brings a host of
other benefits.

I think one of the most effective ways to reduce the growth in CO2
production would be to stop or curtail legal and illegal immigration and the
resulting population expansion in developed countries. That won't happen as
long as those who benefit from cheap labor continue to influence government.