Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Loose Cutoof Discs in DeWalt DW400 angle grinder

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:21:15 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

I have a DeWalt 4 1/2" angle grinder. I tried mounting a cutoff wheel
(thinner than a regular grinding wheel) yesterday, and found I couldn't tighten the
nut enough -- because the wheel is thinner, it spins freely even when the
flange is poperly seated and the nut is fully tightened.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I need a different grinder?

Thanks,

Andy Barss

Easy fix. Stick in a washer with a 5/8" hole

Gunner

Gunner Asch