Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default OT - eye test

"AnthonyL" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 19:06:28 +0100, "Dave Baker"
wrote:

Went for a free eye test at Tesco in Slough today cos my 20 year old
frames
are broken and I need a new pair.

Your eye test is doing more than checking what prescription you might
need, it is also a valuable health check. 20yrs is too long if that
is what you are saying.

Every 2 - 3 yrs at least.

I actually also had a test 10 years ago but again the prescription hadn't
changed so I didn't bother getting new glasses. However I finally broke my
30 year old specs last year by falling asleep on them and a nose piece
snapped off the 20 year old ones this year hence the new test before getting
new specs just in case anything had changed. Since it hasn't I'm rather
wishing I hadn't broken the old specs.

They did give me a "puff test" for intra eyeball pressure though which I've
never had before. It was all fine until on one go on my left eye the machine
puffed about three times as hard as it had done before and I shot backwards
off the seat like a stabbed ferret with tears streaming out of my eye. The
girl doing the test thought this was quite hilarious as I stumbled around
the room trying to get my sight back.
--
Dave Baker