Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

On 25/07/2010 13:32, Owain wrote:
On 25 July, 09:55, Roger Mills wrote:
The symptoms point to the individual handset (or possibly the wiring)
because all the other flats can apparently communicate with the outside
box ok.

The system is probably wired in 6-core phone wire back to spaghetti
junction behind the entry panel.

There's a brick-sized junction box absolutely stuffed full of wires on
the first floor landing, which is probably the 'spaghetti junction' to
which you refer. Last time I was there, I took the lid off to have a
look - and put it back on pretty quickly!

As it uses 4 parallel wires, and 1 call wire per phone, you should
have a spare wire somewhere.

True. Could be a bit of a challenge to find it, though!

The handset mic and common wires (R? and O?) should be wired using a
twisted pair, preferably.

That stacks up with the blurb which accompanies the system diagram,
which says that R and O should use one of the pairs. Not sure which is
the mic though, 'cos the handset and the entry panel each have terminals
labelled T and R (presumably transmit and receive) which are connected
T-T and R-R - so they must be lying at one end or the other!
--
Cheers,
Roger