Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] is offline

Default Loose Cutoof Discs in DeWalt DW400 angle grinder

On Jul 25, 7:21*am, Andrew Barss wrote:
I have a DeWalt 4 1/2" angle grinder. *I tried mounting a cutoff wheel
(thinner than a regular grinding wheel) yesterday, and found I couldn't tighten the
nut enough -- because the wheel is thinner, it spins freely even when the
flange is poperly seated and the nut is fully tightened.

Is there a fix for this? *Or do I need a different grinder?

Thanks,

Andy Barss

This is quite common - most decent tool shops will have shims made for
just this purpose, a few cents each - take the grinder and disc in
with you, select the one you need....

Andrew VK3BFA