Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-The war is lost

Steve B wrote:

.70...
"Steve B" fired this volley in
:

Next thing they'll be wanting to tell us is what we can feed our kids,
and what we can eat at a ball game.

What's that?

They are already working on that?

Far more than "working on it". Have you seen NYC's laws concerning
trans-fat and salt limits in restaurant food?

Hey... when I want Alfredo Sauce, the soy-milk version just ain't gonna
serve!

LLoyd

Haven't they realized that there's a salt shaker on every table?

Sure. But the instructions are on the bottom.

I buy the restaurant sized boxes of salt, because I use so much. The
high blood pressure and some other medicine I'm on removes most of the
sodium from my body, so I have to use five to seven times the 'normal'
amount. Even then, I don't taste the salt. It should be enough to make
you gag, but I don't notice a change in flavor till I pass over 10 times
normal. I pay something like 78 cents for a four pound box of table
salt at Sam's Club.

There has been some talk about putting a high tax on sodium chloride,
to force people not to use it. I hope that if they pass that law, that
the morons who vote for it die a slow an painful death, covered in the
pressure sores that are caused by too little sodium in their bodies.
They don' say, 'The salt of life' for no reason.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.