Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default another plasterboard question

Hi,

On the few occasions I have put up plasterboard, I have always covered
the joins with that mesh tape and filled with joint cement. I've also
covered with screw heads with the joint cement at the same time too.

I was reading on the 'net, I forget exactly where, and it implied that
you only need to do this if you are painting or papering direct onto
the plasterboard. It implied if you were plastering on top, you didn't
need to do this and the plaster would cover the screws and joins.

Have I been doing it wrong or did I read it wrong? Should I cover the
screws and joins with joint cement eve n if skimming over the top?

Thanks.