Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - eye test

In article ,
djc writes:

I used to wear glasses for driving. Five years ago I had a detached
retina, and as a side-effect cataract operation was required . Since the
cataract operation I've found my distance vision better without glasses
even though the damaged eye alone has very poor vision at any distance.
There seems to be some cognitive process at work that extracts the good
patches from my damaged retina.

Most of what everyone sees is the result of the brain applying
continuous photoshop type processes to what are actually very
much worse images from the eyes than you perceive.

--
Andrew Gabriel