Posted to alt.home.repair

Default another irrigation pump question

On Jul 24, 8:47*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
jamesgangnc wrote:
Thanks for the pointers on the last one. *Much appreciated. *I had no
idea there were suction limits. *I have not talked to the corp yet but
I have heard via others that they do issue permits for personal
irrigation usage. *And from the response to my last post I'm thinking
the only practical solution for me is a shallow well jet pump. *The
pump can remain on my property and I can easily supply electrical
power. *Running power to the lake is out of the question because o
fthe flood issues. *The corp is very restrictive about that. *I just
have to run water lines down to the jet foot in the lake. *That's the
part I'm investigating now.

I'd like something cheap and easily taken up or moved if needed. *I
see that normally some pretty large pipe is used for a home jet pump.
And it's not cheap. *But I also only need to accomplish 30 psi at
about 2 gpm. *I'm wondering if I can get away with 1 inch poly for the
main pipe and 1/2 inch poly for the jet supply? *Any thoughts? *Again
the lake is about 250' away with a 25 to 30' rise to the house.
Thanks to all :-)

My guess is that you'd need at least 3/4". In reality, you need to check with
the manufacturer of the pump you select. They should be able to relate distance,
rise, etc. to the need for different size pipes at particular pressure and gpm
output.- Hide quoted text -