Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default OT phone solicitation

In article , "Steve B" wrote:

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Steve B"
wrote:

Be glad they're just phone calls and not junk faxes. Every time
another junk fax rolls into our little family business (we get about
one a day now) I can't help thinking about the cost of the paper and
toner I have to pay for to receive each junk fax.

Find out their number. Make a fax of gobbledygook, and make it in a loop,
taping the ends of the sheets together on your fax. Dial their number at
an
hour where they will not be there, or where they will be out for the
weekend. Send fax. It will keep looping,

Incurring a *massive* long-distance charge on your phone bill...

using up all the toner and/or
paper on the other end

Nonsense. You really think businesses still receive faxes on paper? There must
a few, still, but come on. Wake up, Steve, it's not 1985 any more.

and blocking them from business.

More nonsense. You really think they only have one phone line?

It's adolescent youtube stuff,

Yes, it is. It's also illegal.

I notice you didn't say anything about that point...

but it works.

No, it doesn't. You're an idiot.

I have free long distance,

Therefore, everyone does. You're an idiot.

I have a paper powered fax machine. I guess I'm an idiot on that angle,
too.

Yep. Especially if you think that businesses still use them. Like I said,
there may be a few... but wake up, Steve. It's not 1985 any more.

Seems to me you have reflected your own inadequacies while trying to expose
mine.

You did a very good job of exposing your inadequacies all by yourself.

The OP was asking for ideas. You don't like mine, but he might.

Only if he's an idiot too, or still stuck in 7th grade.