Anthony Diodati

Default OT - Take it out in trade

I'd say she was getting a hell of a deal.
If I
were trying to make a living at remodeling, it wouldn't have been

worth my time to drive 40 minutes, haul out my tools, make the cuts,
shoot off the t&g and collect my check for fifty dollars.

That's for Damm Sure!
you should have told her to get an estimate from a 'real' carpenter , She
would be calling you that night.
Tony D.

"Phil Crow" wrote in message
om...
Do people still trade labor any more? Steve's post about wanting some
writing done in exchange for a plane got me to thinking about that. A
few weeks ago, I offered to hang about 50 SF of tongue-and-groove
wainscoating in exchange for a wood-burning stove and the lady who was
getting rid of the stove had to think about it for a minute. She was
on the verge of selling the stove for fifty bucks, and wasn't sure
about exchanging a couple of hours of my time for that stove.
ISnip