Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom

Default Anyone recognise this intercom equipment?

On 24/07/2010 19:43, Owain wrote:

Can't remember what each wire is called now, but:

Common - goes to 'hoop' of hookswitch
Transmit - goes to transmitter, then back to one spring of hookswitch,
through spring to common when off-hook.
Receive - goes to speaker, then then back to other spring of
hookswitch, through spring to common when off-hook.
Release - goes through lock button to common
Call - goes through buzzer to common.

All except Call are wired in parallel across all handsets.

The old 801s certainly used to be screw terminals on the PCB.

Owain

I assume that most of what you describe above is part of the
pre-existing internal wiring, and that I simply have to connect the
external wires to the appropriate terminals.

Is is fair to assume that the terminals are labelled Z, T, O, R, I (or
maybe 1) as per the system diagram?
--
Cheers,
Roger